Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Plum's Eulogy by Always

"My sister, I prayed you wouldn't have to go through this tragic barbarism; especially at a young age. Being a slave working under tough conditions was hard for me to watch. Hearing your screams as you ran towards me trying to stay together like family struck me like thunder. Seeing you cry made my heart sink into the bloody puddle you bled from the wagon. Experiencing your sister being raped; not having a family- being a slave. Your life was a struggle just much as mines. I tried my hardest to take care of you and keeping us family; and having to bury your body on Doak's land made me thirsty for revenge. Knowing you're no longer in this hell-hole made me realize you're in a better place. I LOVE YOU PLUM!"

10 comments:

  1. Good prepective you have with the story. I agree with your connection through Always. She would say this at her sisters burial. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the pain on what her sister at a young age have to go through.Being a slave is not the good choice at a young age.my response is that this was a tough struggle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eulogy makes me feel connected with Always. Its almost as if Plum was my sister. This is a very well written eulogy, very much detailed about the life she lived.Keep up the good work my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eulogy is really good.I like the details you used. You made me in away feel the pain Always going through. Good job man !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good Nick. Looks like you read the book carefully. Its good that you make people feel connected with how you describe the book. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Nick I hope ou didnt do any thing to make Fletch mad. I liked that you read the book. it seems like the book was interesting to you. keep up the good work man i want us all to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ummmm....well lets say, "quote on quote" that this Eulogy really draws me more into the book. I mean yeah, Plum went through a lot when she wasn't bought by Doak. And on top of that, Always didn't have any options to stay with Plum so of course it hurts to see the same blood as you suffer. So yeah, again, your Eulogy from Always really made a good connection.
    Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work on expressing always's pain on the loss of her sister. You describe the hatred and sorrow as if you truly felt that way, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two things first: remove the twitter element and the music. I can not read and understand the context of your assignment with the distraction. I will not read your next assignment. I was clear about the expectations for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was deep, I didn't even read the book and I lowkey feel connected. Good job Tre 6, I didn't know you had it in you LoL.

    ReplyDelete